Wednesday, December 19

Kissable Lips: Revlon Review

fashionwithaconscience
ATLANTA (home for the holidays)–– A lady never kisses and tells. Luckily for you, I’m not a “lady.” This semester I feel like my alcohol heavy lips have been kissing errybody. The only problem is that no man wants make up all over his face resembling that of someone who just slaughtered a carcass with his pearly whites. I love lipstick! I couldn't live without it #firstworldproblems. I will not abstain. My choice in lipstick is a rare breed: deep, matte pigments that look like a stain. As you can imagine, it wears and kisses off horribly. 

Lipsticks on rotation:
  1. Shesheido Matte Lipstick M11 Grape Matte
  2. Color Essentials Moisture Stick, color name has smeared off. It’s an old faithful, but it’s very purple and matte despite the moisture.
As a makeup aficionado, I’m always on the search for quality make up that lives up to its many promises. Not an easy task on a college budget. Recently, I perused the isles of CVS for something kiss-safe. And like a shining beacon,  there was Revlon’s ColorStay line which lives up to its many promises. There’s nothing worse than spending money on anything that fails to deliver.

"Leave that tube at home and kiss away."

Directions: There are a few simple steps for long-day wear. First use the complementary lip liner. Then apply the color gloss with the addition of your preferred color. The products work in tandem and don’t hold up so well with foreign products alone. Wait for it to dry, less than a few minutes. Swipe on a nice thick coat of the clear ColorStay technology. Kiss a napkin/tissue maybe twice and notice less and less kiss off. And you’re set! It’s really that simple.

Only negative is that it goes on super shiny (not my style), but it eventually fades to the deeper under shade like a stain. Depending on your preferences, you can reapply the overgloss for shine. I was stunned with the first wear how well it worked. Not only does this save precious reapplications, but will also save hundreds on lipstick costs. Revlon is priced on the higher end of drugstore cosmetics, but shelling out $9.99 - $13 dollars beats the staunch over-the-counter lines. Just thought I’d share a completely date-approved lipstick.

Additions:
  1. Revlon ColorStay Lip liner in Plum
  2. Revlon ColorStay Overtime Lipcolor in Relentless Raisin
So ladies (and gentlemen), leave that tube at home and kiss away!

*I am not endorsed by Revlon. Just a blogger whom loves their products!*

1 comment:

Comment away; I want to hear your opinion!